This month, I’m so happy and grateful for everything that happened – the good, the bad and yes, even the ugly.
- The Democrats won. Yes! The House at least. Better something than nothing, right?
- I finally received my Zack bayong from Casa Caridad! My little doggie bag is home. Happy.
- E + I went to watch the 2018 UAAP Cheerdance Competition on a whim!
- We hosted one spur-of-the-moment game night with furbabies in attendance. I also met up with a friend from highschool to catch up, plus a separate meet-up with another friend at Red Box for an evening of singing. ‘Twas fun! Sadly, two friends’ parents passed away this month too. Our group did finally meet up at the wakes.
- E + I watched “Bohemian Rhapsody” to push my stress away. Who knew I knew so many Queen songs?
- I watched “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society”. It was pretty nice.
- I finished binge-watching: Wynonna Earp.
- All Souls’ Day came and went. I hope Daddy and Zack are resting in peace…or having a blast in heaven. It was also Zack’s 5th month in heaven.
- My new passport arrived super earlier than I expected. YAY!
- E went to Aklan, and got back here safe and sound. Thank goodness.
- The hearing was a non-hearing because the judge couldn’t make it. She had a family emergency, so the hearing is rescheduled for this coming week. I even managed to get copies of the police reports that we might need.
- UP won against Adamson! We’re in the finals!!! Woohoo!
- A friend got us tickets for the finals battle between UP and Ateneo! Upper box, but better something than nothing. Even better, she didn’t ask for payment.
- We finally tried Chooks to Go chicken.
- We tried new restaurants like Casa Abuela, Cafe Katerina, Yabu and Modern Shanghai.
- We tried Fit Kitchen PH food delivery.
- I’ve wanted to go to Sagada since the ’90s to see the hanging coffins…and we finally did! We left by bus on a Thursday and returned super early Monday morning. We even stayed where I’ve been wanting to stay for the longest time. Sagada wasn’t what I expected it to be, but it turned out better that way.
Home Sweet Home
- I reorganized the dining room, the guest room (even the mattress is laid out already, ready for guests…or even for us to nap in! Still not done, but so far, so good.), the kitchenette cabinets and the kitchen cart.
- I ordered a bunch of eco-friendly items from Human Nature for use here at home.
- I cleaned the two bathrooms easily. Who knew water is enough to clean the bathroom floors? Then again, it’s not like we live in filth. I mopped and swept the first floor, also cleaned the dining table.
- We walked and biked around the UP Oval and the subdivision. Yay!
- We went to the hospital to see doctors when we both felt under the weather. Self-care is paramount!
- Before going to sleep, I started using my singing bowl and meditating. I’m also working on how to deal with my negative thoughts, and trying to bring more positivity in my life.
Lessons learned (or re-learned)
- Always give yourself space to have a good cry when you need it. You don’t need to judge yourself for your tears. Other people will judge you enough as it is.
- Living in the past is an unnecessary use of time. There are so many things to look forward to.
- Some people will do what it takes to keep you in their lives. Those are the valuable ones.