It’s been 298 days since my last blog post. 9 months, 24 days. That was before Taal Volcano erupted and the Australian bushfires followed by the never-ending community quarantine brought on by COVID-19. I didn’t even think of writing here during the entire time until today. What’s worse, I couldn’t even remember my log-in information here.
Let’s backpedal a bit. All this brouhaha is caused by the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19). The first diagnosed case in the country happened in January followed by relative quiet. But that quiet was deceiving. I was suspicious of it. It felt like the calm before the storm. I suspected it was busy wreaking havoc quietly, going under the radar. Some friends thought I was being an alarmist. Then by March, suddenly the number of cases spiked! I WAS RIGHT. Since then, it’s been going up with no signs of stopping. Of course, the government’s concern has been how to save the economy. People don’t seem to grasp the enormity of the situation. Or at least, they’re really just wishing it to go away, burying their heads in the sand.
You can’t have an economy when people are dead or dying, IMO. But what’s the weight of my opinion anyway?
I’ve had so many thoughts that should’ve gone here in my blog since my last blog post. Especially since this pandemic has truly presented a global mental health challenge.
Here are stuff I’ve thought about lately. I’ll post about each one at some point, but I’m putting it here as a reminder.
- Things will happen that will break your heart. Not just in half, but in teeny tiny shattered pieces that you wonder how you’ll put it back together, if at all.
- No matter how much you love someone, it doesn’t guarantee that they will love you back. Some people just want to be loved, but they don’t want to reciprocate. Only you can tell if you’ll accept that or not.
- Cheaters will accuse other people of cheating.
Liars will accuse others of lying.
Gossipers will accuse others of gossiping.
Thieves will accuse others of thieving.
Bullies will accuse others of bullying.
Attention whores will accuse others of attention seeking.
Pay attention to what people accuse you of. Chances are, it’s who and what they are. It’s got nothing to do with you. People see the world as they are.
- There is no room in my life for people who don’t believe in me.
- The thing is, if you take offense at the fat shaming, they slam you for being rude when in fact, they’re the ones who are rude. You will never be thin enough for other people, so don’t mind them.
- Other people will tell you to settle, not to aim high, not to rock the boat. Just be happy with what you got.
- We give excuses for the people we love.
- Kung bastos ang lalaki, maski ano pang suot ng babae, babastusin niya pa rin. Hindi rason or excuse yung suot ng babae para bastusin. Bastos ka lang talaga at walang respeto.
Just putting this here, so I don’t forget the above.
1. Befriend breakfast.
2. Eat regularly.
3. Control your portions.
4. Unprocess your diet.
5. Lose the labels.
6. Ditch the drinks.
7. Eat mindfully.